Arthritis, Rheumatic, & Back Disease Associates is home to the Top Independent Rheumatologists in Philadelphia and South Jersey. In fact, since 2001, patients living with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and a variety of other musculoskeletal and autoimmune conditions have trusted our clinical staff to treat their symptoms with medical infusion therapy in Gloucester County, NJ, and many other communities in the the surrounding region.
Medical infusion therapy is a specific method of administering highly complex, usually biologically-based medications using either an intravenous (IV) or sub-cutaneous (SC) delivery method. This specific method is used – since certain medicines are only available via the intravenous or sub-cutaneous route. These medicines represent some of the most effective treatments today.
In addition to serving our own patients, we often receive referrals from specialists and primary care physicians throughout the area. We’re proud of our role as a respected resource for anyone who may benefit from parenteral drug therapy to relieve pain and improve quality of life.
Preparing to receive infusion therapy for the first time can feel a bit overwhelming. However, here are a few tips so that you can be properly prepared and feel comfortable during your appointments.
Instead of fearing the unknown, empower yourself with information. Write out a list of questions regarding your condition, the specific medication you’ll be receiving, the procedure itself — anything you’re curious about — and discuss them with your healthcare provider and/or infusion nurse specialists. Doing some preliminary research can largely eliminate any uncertainty you may have.
Our IDYLLIC Infusion Treatment Center staff are available by phone at 856-209-5997, Extension from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM each day, or you can send us an email.
While treatment varies from patient to patient, it’s generally a good idea to:
- Have a good breakfast or lunch ahead of your infusion and, more importantly, be sure to arrive well-hydrated. Being well-hydrated allows the infusion center specialists to administer your treatment far easier.
- That said – if you forget – no worries in the least. Each infusion center is stocked with snacks and plenty of drinks available as often as you’d like.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes to make it easy for staff to take your blood pressure, temperature, etc.
- Wear layers to keep you comfortable if the temperature fluctuates. While our Infusion Centers all have blankets and comfortable infusion chairs available for you – every person is unique, so layers will help guarantee you being comfortable.
- Bring a favorite book, magazine, music, a crossword puzzle or another hobby to help pass the time and keep your mind occupied. Each infusion center has personal tablets, TV, and high-speed Wi-Fi access available for every patient.
- Be sure to tell the infusion staff about any recent infections, planned surgeries, or any change in your medical status/history.
Your healthcare provider and infusion center specialists will help prepare you for infusion therapy with a specific set of instructions for you.
A positive attitude can be extremely empowering when you’re living with a health condition that causes you pain and makes daily life more challenging. When in doubt, it’s important to remember that treatment will help you heal, and the experts treating you have your best interests at heart. Relax, smile and keep in mind that you’re on the right path!
At ARBDA, our staff is committed to our patients’ comfort and peace of mind. To get a clear idea of everything we have to offer patients at our six IDYLLIC Infusion Treatment Centers throughout South Jersey, take a look at this infographic.
For more information about our infusion therapy services for patients in Galloway, NJ, and the surrounding communities, don’t hesitate to give us a call!